The Bread Of Life: Jesus
• Jesus is the bread of life, and if we wish to have the sort of life God planed for us, we need to eat the bread of life.
• How do we eat the Bread of Jesus?
John 1:1-4 (NKJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.
“Word of God”
• In John 1, it is written that Jesus is the “word of God;” The word of God is the Bible.
• Here we can clearly come to the conclusion that Jesus is the Bible in the flesh.
• To eat the Bread of Jesus is to read the word of God, the Bible.
The Worldly Plight
• In our daily lives, we hear people talk about many things (guns, taxes, injustice, and sickness just to name a few). Every time you hear something that is contrary to the word of God, what you are hearing is the word of Satan.
• Satan preaches to you all day every day. Ever notice how people you speak to want to tell you their problems and then seek sympathy concerning their dire situation?
• They valiantly explain their troubles and attempt to draw you into their situation. Trying as they might to infect you with their doubt and unbelief to get you to come into agreement with their plight. That is a side effect of having to listen to the devil speak to you all day, every day of our lives.
Defense: Eat Our Bread
• We have all been through this scenario many times and we have been on both sides of the conversation.
• Sometimes, we jump right in the problem, join in the pity party, and become part of the problem while in the process become even more infected.
• If we want to end this endless cycle, we must eat our Bread and become strong. So strong that when doubt and unbelief attack us, we are able to defend ourselves and the person that is infected with the Word of God and Jesus.
26 Jesus answered them and said, “Most assuredly, I say to you, you seek Me, not because you saw the signs, but because you ate of the loaves and were filled. 27 Do not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting life, which the Son of Man will give you, because God the Father has set His seal on Him.”
It Is Time!
• It is time we took back our lives and the lives of our families and friends.
• It is time to no more agreeing to sickness, disease, and lack.
• It is time to fight back!
• It is time to start eating nutrients that make differences in our lives.
• It is time to gorge ourselves on the word of God.
• It is time to stop listening to the gospel of the world.
• It is time to reap the bounty Jesus gave us at the cross.
35 And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst. 36 But I said to you that you have seen Me and yet do not believe. 37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. 38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. 39 This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day.
“Read It ‘Till You Believe It”
Link to Video Sermon